A Bunch of AJAX Links
Suddenly, AJAX is everywhere! As a frequent user of web applications such as GMail and Flickr, I love it for the enhanced usability (although I must admit that even after eight months of using GMail, I still have difficulty accepting that the server really has "starred" my mails when I click to do so, and I find myself refreshing the list just to prove to myself that a call to the server has been made!) As a developer of web applications, I just wish it had been around a few years ago, as it would certainly have improved the performance and usability of some of the more complex sites I've worked on.
Here's a bunch of AJAX-related links that I've read recently:
- ClearNova - Basic AJAX examples
- Slashdot - Will AJAX threaten the Windows desktop?
- Scott Guthrie - Atlas Project - forthcoming client script framework from MS
- Jason Salas - Is Atlas the next coming of .NET MyServices?
- Wired - You Say You Want a Web Revolution
- AJAX.NET - a free library for the .NET Framework
- AJAX.NET blog
- Wikipedia - AJAX entry
- Adaptive Path - AJAX: A New Approach to Web Applications
- Asynchronous Client Script Callbacks in ASP.NET 2.0
- Wally McClure - What is AJAX?